Mrs. Nielsen Arcadia Science 2009-10
MIT Teaching Award
This site is for the benefit of my students and their parents/guardians.
Visitors to my classroom must check in the front office upon arrival.
To contact Mrs. Nielsen: call Arcadia Public School @ (308) 789-6522.
E-mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Master of Science & Mathematics in Education
University of Nebraska Kearney August 2002 (Ceremony -Dec. 2002)
Bachelor of Science in Education
Kearney State College December 1990
Endorsements: Biology, Earth Science, Physics
MIT Inspirational Teacher Award 2012-13
- UNL Women in Science Conference 2013, 2012, 2011, 2009, 2008
- ESU 10 Science Teachers Technology Sharing Session Science 2.0 February 25, 2009
- University of Nebraska College of Engineering/Transportation Workshop and Curriculum Writer Summer 2007
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute Summer Workshop 2001
- HHMI Summer Presentation to teachers 2002
- Arcadia Public School -7-12 Science 5 yrs + Distance Learning: A&P, Med Term for Mid Plains CC credit, Science Olympiad Coach 5 yrs, Power Drive Sponsor 3 yrs, VEX Robotics Coach 2 yrs.
- Elba Public School -6-12 Science 9 yrs, Science Olympiad Coach 9yr, Coach: TK-3yrs
- Wolbach Public School – 6-12 Science 1 yr, Science Olympiad Coach 1 yr
- Ord High School-Math 3/4 yr Substitute, Science Olympiad Judge & Sponsor 2 yrs, Coach:VB,BB,TK-9yrs
- Ord St.Mary’s – PE and Library 1 yr
- Burwell High School – Math 1/4 yr
- North Platte Public Schools – Substitute & Coach: VB, BB, BB,TK-1 yr
Married – Greg (Maintenance Technician Green Plains Ethanol Plant Ord)
Children - Emmylou (UNK, Creighton -Dr. OT), Katie (UNK, UNMC-Nursing), Hollie (Click on her name! MIT Planetary Science) and Brian (Arcadia High-Science-Robotics-Quiz Bowl-Youth Leadership-Athletics-Power Drive-Class President-FFA)
- Amateur Astronomy
- Sporting Events My Children Participate in Science Olympiad, FT, BB, WR, TK, Speech, Drama, Cheer, etc.
- Throwing Discus, Playing Volleyball
- Movies & Fine Dining
- Camping & Fishing
- Nebraska Muzzle Loading Rifle Association
- The Energy Bus
- Nicolaus Sparks (Books on Tape)
- Galileo’s Daughter